Cort RX – Adrenal Cortex Support
“I love this product i’m finally sleeping more than 3 hrs at a time it’s amazing!!!!” – Liz Johns
THE HYPOTHALAMIC PITUITARY ADRENAL (HPA) AXIS
Acute stress (figure 2.)
Chronic stress (figure 3.)
THE KEY IS TO PROVIDE A STRATEGY TO MANAGE THE HPA AXIS.
- Avoid stress from people and places you can avoid
- Immune activation – toxicity, allergies, intolerances, infection, infestation and autoimmunity
- Inflammation – immune activation, injury and stress
- Toxic exposure – chemicals, colourings, additives, preservatives, fertilizers, pesticides, drugs, smoking, alcohol etc.
- Electromagnetic radiation
ADAPTOGENIC HERBS ALL OF WHICH ARE FOUND IN THE CORT RX
Schisandra chinensis is an adaptogen, helping the body adapt to physical and mental stress. It improves dexterity, focus and co-ordination. Schisandra corrects respiratory acidosis and improves performance. One study on thoroughbreds showed an improvement of 6 lengths in an 800m race.
Schisandra improves physical performance
Schisandra chinensis has been shown to exhibit a remarkable effect on the physical performance of race horses. When treated with Schisandra, horses were able to complete the 800 m in a significantly shorter and the speed reached by the Schisandra-treated horses was also significantly higher than when saline treated. This study indicated that Schisandra extract was able to induce a greater response to physical effort. This was translated into a decrease of the time (1.8 s less) for the completion of the 800m race, equivalent to an improvement of 6 lengths in an 800m race.
Schisandra improves mental performance
Schisandra enhances memory, focus and concentration span via cholinergic function and works as an acetylcholine esterase inhibitor, thereby preserving acetylcholine levels and activity in nerve synapses.
- Helps to adapt to all stressors
- Improve cognition and brain function
- Improves resilience
- Liver protectant
Withania modulates HPA axis
Withania enhances Hypothalamic Pituitary Gonadal (HPG) axis
While controlling the HPA axis; Withania allows and encourages the HPG axis to fire for reproduction, regeneration and repair. While controlling the HPA axis; Withania enhances thyroid hormone production and activity.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Turmeric will take the burden off the whole HPA axis and reduce the frequency and intensity of our survival response while supporting genuine energy levels and quality of life.
2016 Australian Breakout Supplement of the Year Award
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- K. Chandrasekhar et al. A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. K. Chandrasekhar. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul-Sep; 34(3): 255–262
- Singh N, Bhalla M, de Jager P, Gilca M. An overview on ashwagandha: a Rasayana (rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2011;8(5 Suppl):208-13. doi: 10.4314/ajtcam.v8i5S.9. Epub 2011 Jul 3. Review.
- Ahmad MK1, Mahdi AA, Shukla KK, Islam N, Rajender S, Madhukar D, Shankhwar SN, Ahmad S. Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress in seminal plasma of infertile males. .Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug;94(3):989-96. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.04.046. Epub 2009 Jun 6.
- Al-Qarawi AA1, Abdel-Rahman HA, El-Badry AA, Harraz F, Razig NA, Abdel-Magied EM.The effect of extracts of Cynomorium coccineum and Withania somnifera on gonadotrophins and ovarian follicles of immature Wistar rats. Phytother Res. 2000 Jun;14(4):288-90.